The Needs and Blessings
Good Shepherd Lutheran Church needs a Planned Giving Program to:
- provide ways to continue Christian stewardship beyond one’s lifetime,
- enter new ventures for Jesus Christ through His Church,
- help perpetuate financial support of Good Shepherd Lutheran Church,
- receive gifts from those who wish to remember loved ones in a lasting way,
- provide financial strength for Good Shepherd Lutheran Church to meet challenges in the years ahead.
The blessings of Planned Giving and endowment funding:
- We satisfy our desire to continue giving beyond our lifetimes as responsible stewards.
- We help give our Church a solid financial strength for the future.
- We keep our ministry alive so that God’s work through our Church grows stronger.
- We show our love for Jesus Christ and our brothers and sisters in the family of God.
- We give witness to our commitment to the Gospel of Jesus Christ and the work of the Holy Spirit among God’s people.
Planned Giving Opportunities
- The Endowment Fund - The Good Shepherd Lutheran Church Endowment Fund was incorporated in 1998 with the purpose of providing opportunities for Christian Stewardship involving faithful management of perpetuity and non-perpetuity gifts. The distribution of the gifts is for the sole purpose of enhancing the ministries of Good Shepherd Lutheran Church and is not available to supplement the operating budget.
- Specify gifts of money, securities, real or personal property, insurance policies or annuities, or deferred gifts through wills and other estate planning.
- Leave an unrestricted specific dollar amount or a percentage of your estate to Good Shepherd Lutheran Church.
- Utilize assets (e.g., stocks, bonds, real estate, art and jewelry) for your charitable gift. Such gifts may provide tax savings.
- Name a Good Shepherd ministry as a beneficiary of your IRA/ pension plan or insurance policy.
- Leave a restricted gift to a specific need that you foresee for Good Shepherd Lutheran Church.
The ministries of the church are as strong as our interest and support. The Good Shepherd Lutheran Church family thanks you for considering planned gifts.
If you are interested in leaving a legacy gift or need more information, please contact the church office at (919) 848-1573.