To ensure that GSLC has the highest quality, committed and faithful staff by providing human resource advice, practices, processes and programs for the hiring, compensation, evaluation and development of the church staff.
Personnel Ministry Team members are appointed by Council.
- Preparing job descriptions for all employees subject to approval of the Congregational Council.
- Developing personnel policy for all church employees including compensation, time-off (e.g., holidays, vacation) and various other benefit programs, subject to approval of the Congregational Council.
- Provided for periodic review of the call extended to the Pastor(s) and other professional staff and of contracts with lay professionals and support staff.
- Sharing with the Pastor(s) and other professional staff the expectations of the Congregation.
- Developing policy pertaining to and reviewing with the Pastor(s) and other professional staff and support staff continuing education/development opportunities.
- Preparing/reviewing annual performance evaluation of all staff personnel based on requirements specified in their job descriptions, and goals and objectives established each year by staff in consultation with the party to whom they report.
- Preparing budgetary requests for submissions/presentations to the Finance Committee.
- Performing other matters pertinent to the Personnel Function.
Quarterly and/or as needed.
Chairperson Pam Phillips