Sharing God’s love with people of all needs and abilities in Christian worship, fellowship and teaching.
SHiNE Worship is an inclusive, interactive worship service for children and adults of all needs and abilities. SHiNE is also developed for families who may not feel comfortable in a traditional worship setting. The Spirit is present in a tangible way through song and joyful noise at these worship services!
When is SHiNE Worship?
SHiNE is scheduled the 4th Sunday of each month from 12:30-1:00 pm, with few exceptions. All services are held in the Sanctuary.
What makes SHiNE different?
Developed by a team of educators, parents of children with special needs, volunteers and clergy, this 30-minute worship service includes elements found in a traditional worship service, including a short sermon with a Bible-based message and Communion. What differs are the special accommodations provided to SHiNE worshippers:
- Large pictureboard displays the order of worship
- Musical instruments help maintain interest during worship
- Distribution of Communion in a way that increases interactivity
- Time for reflection and prayer allows worshippers to strengthen their faith together
- Noise-reducing headphones, fidget balls and booster seats are available
Get Connected to SHiNE
We welcome ALL input as we continually strive to create a worship service where all feel welcome and comfortable worshiping God.
- General Comment Form – Let us know if you have questions or feedback.
- Join Our Mailing List – Keep up to date with the latest news.
- Join Our Team – If you would like to participate in the planning team, let us know!
Interested in serving at SHiNE Worship? There are many opportunities to use your gifts! Contact the church office, 919-848-1573 to join our volunteer list.
Our team is using a planning document to keep us organized as we create this worship service. It is a “living” document and we will update it routinely.