Who can join a ChristCare group?
In some groups, members share a similar situation or a common life experience. However, groups are generally open to everyone. You would benefit from a group if you desire to:
- grow in your Christian faith
- develop closer relationships with others in a small group environment
- pray and worship God
- reach out to others in practical ways with love of Jesus
What kinds of groups are there at Good Shepherd?
New groups and topics are formed throughout the year and all are welcome. Groups meet at various locations, including church, homes and restaurants. Here’s a glimpse at the current groups that are meeting regularly. If you are interested in learning more about a group, contact the group leader.
- Couples and Singles – God gives us the gift of relationship with one another. Those relationships can be a blessing in so many ways but also come with challenges and responsibilities. This group seeks to understand God’s gift through book or Bible study and cooperative mission work with one another. Contact: Leita Lewis, Georgina Jones
- Empty Nester Couples – Once the young ones go off to school or have families of their own, life can change for the parents “left behind” in ways both fun and challenging. If you find yourself in a home with a lower overall noise level, join the loving members of this group as they support one another. Contact: Scott Buell
- “Flipped” Caring for an Aging Parent – Caring for aging parents can be a difficult time in one’s life. Discover how we can lean on our brothers and sisters in Christ for support and guidance, as well as seeing the joys of life as it draws to a close. Contact: Lisa Sears
- Moms’ Bible Study – Being a mom doesn’t stop; it is a unique experience when the kids are still in the house. This fun-loving group participates in Bible and book studies, prayer, and fellowship. They also participate in the ongoing support of Good Shepherd’s Mnene Parish mission work in Zimbabwe. Contact: Angie Metz
- Seekers – The Seekers are couples seeking God’s guidance in their daily lives. The Seekers meet monthly and spend time in fellowship, prayer, and support for each other while discussing and studying God’s Word. Contact: Gail and Paul Phillips
- Single Women over 50 – This group meets for fellowship, prayer and book or Bible study. Contact: Cheryl Kruse
- Young Adult Bible Study – This group of twenty-somethings is currently walking through the Gospel of John. The members of the group enjoy fellowship with and support of one another as life continues to throw around the rigors of work and school. Contact: Malena and Cam Thieme
Contact a ChristCare equipper for more information on ChristCare groups: